Thursday, November 1, 2007

A nice surprise

I was pleasantly surprised to see the results of this poll, I had no idea how it would look.

Should the captain of the Montreal Canadiens be fluent in French?

[Current results]
Yes - 9%
No - 91%

I wonder if the results are swayed because it's on TSN, the English speaking Canadian sports channel that is more Ontario-centric.

I'd be interested to see how the results look on their French speaking sister channel, RDS. The poll is also up there, but unlike TSN, you can't see the results unless you register and since I don't have a Canadian address (or know French) it's difficult for me to register. If anyone knows, please throw it in the comments.

I say I was pleasantly surprised because I couldn't see this poll on ESPN.com ending the same if the question was: "Should the captain of the New York Yankees be fluent in English?" assuming their captain wasn't Derek Jeter but if it was a Spanish speaking player.

Interesting stuff.

No comments: