Wednesday, November 28, 2007

RIP The Original Meast


Late news, but this is not a news blog so I can comment on this....And living so close to DC, I know I feel this more than most. Sean Taylor, the original meast (half-man/half-beast for you un-initiatives) is gone. Senselessly. At 24 years old.

It's so hard to comprehend I still haven't been able to wrap my mind around it, despite the fact I'm the last thing from a Redskin fan......Though I do admittedly admire "The U" from afar.

Surely a lot will be revealed in the days/weeks/months to follow but honestly it's not going to make a difference. And it's not going to change anything for a little 18 month old girl who's daddy had, from all possible angles; turned his entire outlook, attitude and habits around to be with her just as quickly as he could change directions on the football field.

So RIP S Dot Taylor (as the affable and good friend Clinton Portis called him). Seeing one of my buddies, a diehard Skins season ticketholder, pour some out for his homie tonight isn't something I'll soon forget; especially as he asked me not to correct him when he toasted Sean as the "best safety in the NFL". Any other day would have brought an objection, but not now. It's just not right.

Just not right, indeed.

No comments: