- In our game notes (ses post below this) we said that it was hard to tell in the beginning of the game that Pittsburgh was up 2 games to 0. Well, an observer of the last 10 minutes could surely tell you that Ottawa was looking like a defeated team about to go into a nearly insurmountable 3-0 hole.
- The game's difference maker (aside from Marc-Andre Fleury making 33 saves on 34 shots) was Sidney Crosby. El Sid set a new Pens playoff record by scoring just 12 seconds into a period. 78 seconds later Jordan Staal was able to score, basically deflating the whole opposition and fans right then and there.
- Fleury is playing very well since coming back from injury. Easy to say but still needs to be said.
- We also said Marian Hossa seems snake-bitten, but maybe the curse is off his back with the 1 goal, 2 assist performance he had tonight. Nights like these are why Ray Shero went out and prevented Ottawa and Montreal (the leading candidates) from acquiring him.
- Daniel Alfredsson was impressive, not only in his return but in the way he played. 17:08 icetime is a little low for him but he fired off 4 shots on net, competed hard and was arguably the best (or second best) Senator forward of the night....Perhaps that says something about the rest of the team, though.
Bust out your brooms, boys and girls, the Pens are 1 win away from being on the right side of a playoff handshake with Ottawa.
3 down, 13 to go!!!!