Friday, October 5, 2007

The Pittsburgh Redemption

"I find I’m so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head.

I think it’s the excitement only a Penguins fan can feel. A Pens fan at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope they can make it to the Finals. I hope to see Lord Stanley and shake his hand. I hope the Gary Roberts is as dominant as he has been in my dreams......I hope."

Updated lines for opening night (unless Michel Therrien---who changes lines like an aggressive driver changes lanes on the interstate, gets rambunctious. They're different than previous projections on this blog, so here's your update).

Staal-Crosby(C)-Sykora
Malone-Malkin-Recchi (A)
Roberts (A)-Christensen-Armstrong
Ruutu-Talbot-Laraque

Gonchar-Sydor
Orpik-Whitney
Scuderi-Eaton

Healthy scratches: Hall, Nasreddine

Starting goalie: Marc-Andre Fleury

Note: Mark Recchi will be an 'all-time' alternate captain. "Lord" Sergei Gonchar will wear the A whilst at home, Gary Fuckin Roberts will have the A on his jersey when the Pens are on the road..Because Roberts is a road warrior.

And Sidney Crosby is the 4th (legitimate) captain for the Penguins since the late 1980's.....Joining the prestigious and classy ranks of Mario Lemieux, Ron Francis and Jammer Jagger. But you knew that.

No comments: