- The Penguins are 2-0 against Boston so far this season, both wins getting picked up by Conkblock. But it's probably worth pointing out that the player named #1 star of those games (Sidney Crosby and Gary Roberts) will not be in the lineup tonight.
- Tonight's game kicks off a 5 game road-trip for the B's, who played last night.
- Offensively the Bruins are in a little bit of a slump, scoring only 11 goals in their past 5 games (2.2 goals/game). Their record in that stretch: 1-4.
- 3 out of the 4 goals Kris Letang has scored have been game winners. Just wanted to throw that out there.
- Tonight is game 4 of the Kris Beech experiment, round 2. So far we've gotten just over 24 minutes of icetime and Beech has produced 2 shots on goal, is a +1 and, of course has 0 points. But this means we're one day closer to this whole damn thing being over and Beech either being a force for Wilkes-Barre or getting claimed and continuing his quest to play for every NHL organization this season.
- In the Atlantic watch: New Jersey (2nd place, 3 points back) is home tonight against the Ottawa Senators. No other teams are in action, guaranteeing the Pens will be in first tomorrow morning. But whether they're 1 2, 3, 4 or 5 points up on the closest competitor is a pretty huge swing for this time of year.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Gameday Preview: Boston
The boys look to cap off a perfect 4 game homestand tonight against Boston. The Penguins will be on the road for five of their next eight contests. Including tonight the Pens have 9 games in the next 15 nights, another point where the schedule picks up a little (they had only played 5 games in the first 12 games of February).
Labels: atlantic division, game preview, there's only room for one kris on this team and that's letang